SplashMaker : Installation/Registration
We offer various versions of SplashMaker – the free “Basic” version which is the plugin only, and the premium “Plus” packages which include integrations and other advanced features. Select your version below for specific instructions for that version.
SplashMaker Basic is the free stand-alone WordPress plugin. You can use it with any WordPress site or theme. It contains only the Personalization Form and Dynamic Content components (no actual content like in our SplashMaker+ premium versions and SmartDoc/SmartApp themes). You will need refer to our knowledge base on how to use it with standard WordPress sites (see link below).
Step 1: Install the SplashMaker Basic plugin.
- Navigate to Plugins from the WordPress Dashboard and select Add New…
- You can simply enter “SplashMaker” in the search field and install the plugin from there in the usual way (via the WordPress repository).
- Or, if you’ve downloaded the plugin zip file and want to use that method, just select the “Upload Plugins” button at the top of that page…
- Click ‘Choose File’ and find the plugin zip file(s) you downloaded from our store (or elsewhere).
Step 2: Activate the SplashMaker Basic plugin.
- Once the plugin is installed, click the Activate button.
- Go back to the dashboard and you should see the new SplashMaker item in your menu.
- When clicked. You should see this.
Click here for more specifics on how to use SplashMaker.
Our premium SplashMaker+ packages include both the core SplashMaker plugin, with several additional features including MA/CRM integrations, as well as our SmartDoc/SmartApp themes. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to get everything running.
First, we recommend that you start with a fresh install of WordPress at the location where you wish your Smart Content asset to sit. For example, maybe you are building a smart eBook and want it here:
Because each SplashMaker Smart Content Asset Site should have its own WordPress installation in its own directory, you’ll simply install WordPress in that directory as you usually would for any WordPress site.
Next, for the automated Dynamic Content to work, you’ll need to make sure the permalinks are set up to just have the asset name in the URL (e.g. – smartdocs.xyz.com/asset01). Do this by selecting the “Post name” option as shown and then save the settings.
Now that you have WordPress in place, follow these steps to complete your installation and activation…
Step 1: Remove the standard plugins, posts, and pages that ship with WordPress (unless you need them for some reason).
Step 2: Install the SplashMaker+Splashmetrics+HubSpot package you purchased as follows:
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes from the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the ‘Add New’ button on top of the page…
Note: Our SmartDoc content themes, which come bundled with our premium packages, are built atop the standard Twenty Twenty WordPress theme that comes packaged with new WordPress installs – and uses that standard theme as the “parent”. Installation will fail if you don’t have the Twenty Twenty theme installed!
- Then click the ‘Upload Theme’ button…
- Click ‘Choose File’ and find the theme’s zip file(s) you downloaded from our store. And select Install Now.
Potential Installation Error! Depending on your server settings, you might see the error(s) below. Just have your server administrator increase the PHP limits to exceed the size of the zip file – and provide more time for the installation to run – and the installation should succeed. See image below for suggested settings.
The above settings can be lowered again after installation if necessary
- When the upload has completed you should see this screen…
- Go ahead and Activate the theme, which will take you to this screen…
- The notice in the banner at the top of your screen takes you to the next step…
- Select Begin Installing Plugins from that top banner notification. This will take you to this Plugins installer page…
Step 3: Install and activate the bundled plugins as follows:
- Select all the plugins and under the “Bulk actions” dropdown, select “Install”. Then hit “Apply” to start the process.
- When installation is complete, you’ll see this screen. Select the indicated link to go back to the Plugins installer page…
- Perform the same step as before, yet this time instead of “Install” select “Activate” in the dropdown…
- This function takes a bit longer than the installation.
- On successful activation, you’ll see this screen.
- Now go to the Dashboard and you should see the SplashMaker item in the main menu…
- Now click on the SplashMaker item in your menu to activate your package.
Now it’s time to activate your SplashMaker+ package.
- First, open the invoice you received via email when your order was completed. Look toward the bottom of that invoice and you’ll see your License Keys information as shown here…
- Copy these into the fields on your dashboard page and hit “Activate”.
- If you get an error check that all the information is there and correct (e.g. – that you copied all the information over without missing anything).
- When the Activation is completed, you’ll see the green “Status: Activated” indicator as shown here…
Note: Please refer to your purchase agreement for the number of activations allowed for each package. Also note that you can Deactivate an unused package to free up more activations for other assets as needed.
MA/CRM Package Add-On
Important! If you purchased your SplashMaker+ package through the HubSpot App Marketplace, the HubSpot add-on will already be installed for you. You’ll see the HubSpot logo with a “Settings” button on this page (no additional MA/CRM logos). So you can skip the following steps and see the SplashMaker+HubSpot section on this page to connect and use the integration.
The last thing you need to do is add the specific MA/CRM platform you wish to integrate. To do this go to the Platform Integration page shown above and select the Add button beneath the package you want to add.
You can only add 1 integration to your SplashMaker package.
When you select this button, you will be prompted to approve the download of the associated zip file. Once this download is complete, go to the Plugins component of WordPress and select the Add New button. Then select the Upload button and choose the add-on zip file you just downloaded…
Select the Install Now button to install, then Activate the add-on as directed.
Connect SplashMaker+ To Your MA/CRM Account
The last thing you need to do is connect SplashMaker+ to your selected MA/CRM account. For instructions on the connection process and how to use the various features of the selected integration, see the appropriate section on the Platform Integration page.
That’s it! You’re ready to go!
Click here for more specifics on how to use your SplashMaker+ package.
We’re here to help!
If you run into any issues that are not covered here in LifeRing, please use the chat below – or submit a ticket and we’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!
Thanks for choosing SplashMaker!